64 Speedway Central Mississippi Speedway Clayhill Motorsports Park Columbus Speedway I-30 Speedway Jackson Motor Speedway Malden Speedway Milan Speedway Moulton Speedway North Alabama Speedway North Mississippi Speedway Riverside Speedway St. Francois County Speedway Volunteer Speedway Whynot Motorsports Park
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
USCS Outlaw Thunder Tour kicks off with Hattiesburg and Magnolia double on March 3rd and 4th.
Atlanta, GA - February 4, 2017 - The United Sprint Car Series presented by K&N Filters kicks off its 50 plus race 2017 National schedule of events covering nine states for its 21st season of competition in just four weeks at Hattiesburg Speedway in Hattiesburg, Mississippi as headliners of the Hub City 125 on Friday, March 3rd. On the following night (Saturday, March 4th) the USCS moves North in the Magnolia State to Magnolia Motor Speedway in Columbus, Mississippi to also headline the 9th annual Frostbuster 150 at the famed oval. The K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modifieds and www.rockauto.com USCS Mini Sprints will both be on the racing card both nights as well.
The opening night event is expected to attract a strong field of winged sprint cars at Hattiesburg Speedway on March 3rd as the race will award not only National Championship points, but, regional points in two regions. The race kicks off the point accumulations in the USCS Mid-South Thunder Tour regional series and for the new USCS Deep South Thunder Tour regional series as well as awarding National points.
On the following night, Saturday, March 4th, at Magnolia Motor Speedway 2017 season Championship points will again be awarded for the USCS Mid-South region, USCS Deep South region and the event is also a bonus race point opportunity for drivers from the USCS Southern Thunder Tour regional series as well.
The three regions consist of the USCS Mid-South Thunder Tour that competes primarily in Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, West Tennessee and parts of Alabama. The USCS Southern Thunder Tour is the second regional series. The Southern Thunder Tour competes primarily in Eastern Alabama, Georgia, Florida, East Tennessee and North and South Carolina. The bonus race opportunities offer a chance for drivers to make up for a “bad night’ in their own region by visiting another region to compete in select events.
The USCS Deep South Thunder Tour regional series is new for 2017. The Deep South Thunder Tour is set to crown its first-ever Champion in 2017. The USCS Deep South regional series has a schedule of eighteen events scheduled primarily in Alabama, Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi.
Several of the highlights of the 2017 season include the 12th annual USCS Sprint Car Speedweek to be held from Friday, May 26th thru Saturday June 3rd when the series will race seven times over nine nights. The Mid-South portion of the season concludes with the 9th annual USCS Fall Nationals at historic Riverside Int. Speedway in West Memphis, Arkansas. In between these two exciting events there will be plenty of action at familiar ovals and a few new ones. Almost every weekend’s action includes two and sometimes three or four events.
Morgan Turpen from Cordova, Tennessee is the defending/2016 USCS National Champion. The series driver that visited the www.rockauto.com USCS Victory Lane the most times in 2016 with eight wins was 2013 USCS National Champion, Derek Hagar from Marion, Arkansas. Hagar was the Champion of the USCS Mid-South Thunder Tour regional series. Eleven-time USCS National Champion and veteran sprint car racer Terry Gray from Bartlett, Tennessee clinched the 2016 title in the USCS Southern Thunder Tour regional series and finished just two points shy of the National title as well.
Many of the USCS events will also feature one or more of the other USCS divisions. Those are the K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modifieds, www.rockauto.com USCS 600 Sprint Car Series winged mini sprints and USCS Pro Dirt Late Models.
For more info on the USCS four series please visit www.uscsracing.com, Uscsracing on Facebook or @Uscsracing on Twitter. If you still need additional info, please feel free to call the USCS Office at 770-865-6097.
USCS Outlaw Thunder Tour Sprint Car Event Schedule As 2.1.17
Month/Day/Date Track / Venue Name Location / Town
1. March Friday 03 Hattiesburg Speedway Hattiesburg, MS
2. Saturday 04 Magnolia Motor Speedway Columbus, MS,
3. Saturday 18 Lexington 104 Speedway Lexington, TN
4. Friday 24 TBA possible TBA
5. Saturday 25 TBA possible TBA
6. Friday 31 Bubba Raceway Park Ocala, FL
7. April Saturday 01 Bubba Raceway Park Ocala, FL
8. Friday 07 Carolina Speedway Gastonia, NC
9. Saturday 08 Lancaster Speedway Lancaster, SC
10. Friday 14 Flomaton Speedway Flomaton, AL
11. Saturday 15 Flomaton Speedway Flomaton, AL
12. Saturday 22 Lexington 104 Speedway Lexington, TN
13. Friday 28 I-75 Raceway Sweetwater, TN
14. Saturday 29 Smoky Mountain Speedway Maryville, TN
15. May Friday 05 TBA possible TBA
16. Saturday 06 Lavonia Speedway Lavonia, GA
17. Friday 19 Needmore Speedway Moultrie, GA
18. Saturday 20 Needmore Speedway Moultrie, GA USCS Mid South Sprint Speed Week 2017 (May 26th thru June 3rd)
19. Friday 26 Hattiesburg, Speedway Hattiesburg, MS
20. Saturday 27 Jackson Motor Speedway Byrum, MS
21. Sunday 28 Greenville Speedway Greenville, MS
22. Monday 29 Clayhill Motorsports Atwood, TN
23. June Thursday 01 Talladega Short Track Eastaboga, AL
24. Friday 02 Magnolia Motor Speedway Columbus, MS
25. Saturday 03 Riverside Int. Speedway W. Memphis, AR
USCS Sprint Speedweek Ends June 3rd at Riverside Int. Speedway
26. Friday 09 TBA coming TBA coming
27. Saturday 10 Blue Ridge Motorsports Park Blue Ridge, GA
28. Friday 16 East Alabama Motor Speedway Phenix City, AL
29. Saturday 17 East Alabama Motor Speedway Phenix City, AL
30. July Saturday 01 Riverside Int. Speedway W. Memphis, AR
31. Sunday 02 Lexington 104 Speedway Lexington, TN
32. Monday 03 Crowley’s Ridge Raceway Paragould, AR
33. Friday 07 Columbus Speedway Columbus, MS
34. Saturday 08 Whynot Motorsports Park Meridian, MS
35. Friday 14 Travelers Rest Speedway Travelers Rest, SC
36. Saturday 15 Dixie Speedway Woodstock, GA
37. Friday 21 Carolina Speedway Gastonia, NC
38. Saturday 22 Lancaster Speedway Lancaster, SC
39. Saturday 29 Greenville Speedway Greenville, MS
40. August Friday 04 TBA TBA
41. Saturday 05 Fyetteville Motor Speedway Fayetteville, NC
42. Friday 11 Jackson Motor Speedway Jackson, MS
43. Saturday 12 Jackson Motor Speedway Jackson, MS
44. Friday 18 Boyds Speedway (T) Ringgold, GA
45. Saturday 19 Senoia Raceway Senoia, GA
46. Friday 25 Clayhill Motorsports Atwood, TN
47. Saturday 26 Lexington 104 Speedway Lexington, TN
48. Sept. Friday 01 Lavonia Speedway Lavonia, GA
49. Saturday 02 TBA TBA
50. Monday 04 Tri-County Racetrack Brasstown, NC
51. Friday 15 Bubba Raceway Park Ocala, FL
52. Saturday 16 Bubba Raceway Park Ocala, FL
53. Friday 22 Carolina Speedway Gastonia, NC
54. Saturday 23 Cherokee Speedway Gaffney, SC
55. October Saturday 07 Talladega Short Track Eastaboga AL
56. Friday 20 Riverside Int. Speedway W. Memphis, AR
57. Saturday 21 Riverside Int. Speedway W. Memphis, AR
58. Nov. Friday 10 Needmore Speedway Norman Park, GA
59. Saturday 11 Needmore Speedway Norman Park, GA