BARBERVILLE, Florida (February 4, 2021) - Lemoore, California’s Carson Macedo was perfect on Thursday night at Volusia Speedway Park, helping the All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 close out the inaugural Sugarlands Shine Southern Tour presented by Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts with a non-stop, wire-to-wire victory. The DIRTcar Nationals win, scoring Macedo a $6,000 top prize, bumped his All Star win total to seven over the course of his young career, each of which accomplished at different facilities.
“This team did an amazing job tonight and I’m super thrilled with how things are going,” Carson Macedo said, driver of the Jason Johnson Racing No. 41. “We were able to put ourselves in great positions during the entire program and we really executed. I’m just super grateful to be a part of this race team. To come out of the box and win the second night out is pretty incredible.”
Starting from the outside-pole position, the lead was Macedo’s right from the start, cruising the outside groove all the way around Volusia’s half-mile. Relatively unchallenged for most of the 25-lap program, Macedo’s first distraction occurred on lap 11 when a slower car forced the Californian to take evasive action. The slight hiccup allowed Wednesday night winner, Logan Schuchart, to close in on the former All Star turned Outlaw, actually pulling even with Macedo on turn 14. Despite Schuchart’s attempt to overthrow, Macedo escaped unschathed, eventually racing ahead to a lengthy advantage.
Macedo’s only other close call was also in the form of lapped traffic, this time forced to deal with a four-pack of slower cars in the closing circuits. Despite the massive roadblock, Macedo never faltered, ultimately weaving through the potential mess to separate himself from a fast closing Logan Schuchart and Brad Sweet.
“I just kinda told myself to be patient and don’t do anything dumb,” Macedo explained pertaining to the traffic jam with four to go. “I knew what I had to do, but I didn’t want to get hung up because I knew Logan (Schuchart) was behind me. Luckily for me, the lapped cars really didn’t interfere because I don’t think they knew where the best groove was. It all worked out great and I’m thrilled for this team.”
Logan Schuchart held on to finish second, followed by Brad Sweet, David Gravel, and Danny Dietrich.
The All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 will return to competition on Friday and Saturday, April 9-10, when the Series visits Attica Raceway Park in Attica, Ohio, for the Core and Main Spring Nationals. The two-day program, awarding $5,000 and $6,000, respectively, will also activate the 2021 All Star Circuit of Champions point championship. For more information pertaining to Attica Raceway Park, please visit the speedway online at www.atticaracewaypark.com.
For those who can not make the journey to Attica for the Spring Nationals, FloRacing, the official media partner and live broadcast provider of the All Star Circuit of Champions, has you covered. Each and every event on the 2021 All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 schedule will be broadcast live exclusively at www.floracing.com.
Contingency Awards/Results: Volusia Speedway Park - February 4, 2021:
Event: Sugarlands Shine Southern Tour presented by Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts | DIRTcar Nationals
C&R Racing Warm-Ups: Donny Schatz | 13.417
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: David Gravel | 13.229
Ford Performance Heat #1 Winner: Logan Schuchart
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2 Winner: Danny Dietrich
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3 Winner: Kasey Kahne
Mobil 1 Heat #4 Winner: Donny Schatz
Kear’s Speed Shop Dash #1 Winner: Brad Sweet
Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts Dash #2 Winner: Carson Macedo
Classic Ink USA Screenprinting & Embroidery B-Main Winner: Parker Price-Miller
Rayce Rudeen Foundation First Non-Transfer: Mason Daniel
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet A-Main Winner: Carson Macedo
Hercules Tire A-Main Hard Charger: Gio Scelzi (+9)
Sugarlands Shine Lap 21 Leader: Carson Macedo
1. 49-Brad Sweet, 13.234; 2. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss, 13.343; 3. 1S-Logan Schuchart, 13.353; 4. 12N-Joey Saldana, 13.371; 5. 19-Parker Price-Miller, 13.396; 6. 33M-Mason Daniel, 13.423; 7. 26-Cory Eliason, 13.486; 8. 101-Kerry Madsen, 13.526
1. 5-Brent Marks, 13.416; 2. 3C-Cale Conley, 13.471; 3. 11-Ian Madsen, 13.558; 4. 48-Danny Dietrich, 13.567; 5. 13-Justin Peck, 13.575; 6. 39M-Anthony Macri, 13.582; 7. 2C-Wayne Johnson, 13.713; 8. 27c-Craig Pellegrini, NT
1. 2-David Gravel, 13.229; 2. 21-Brian Brown, 13.257; 3. 1A-Jacob Allen, 13.326; 4. 9-Kasey Kahne, 13.379; 5. 72-Tim Shaffer, 13.446; 6. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg, 13.508; 7. 11C-Joe Conway, 16.148; 8. 15B-Zach Hampton, 99.240
1. 41-Carson Macedo, 13.281; 2. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr., 13.320; 3. 83-Aaron Reutzel, 13.339; 4. 15-Donny Schatz, 13.361; 5. 18-Gio Scelzi, 13.415; 6. 7BC-Tyler Courtney, 13.480; 7. 17B-Steve Buckwalter, 13.721; 8. 17-Sheldon Haudenschild, 99.320
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 1S-Logan Schuchart ; 2. 12N-Joey Saldana ; 3. 49-Brad Sweet ; 4. 101-Kerry Madsen ; 5. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss ; 6. 19-Parker Price-Miller ; 7. 26-Cory Eliason ; 8. 33M-Mason Daniel 
Heat #2 - Group (B) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 2. 11-Ian Madsen ; 3. 5-Brent Marks ; 4. 39M-Anthony Macri ; 5. 2C-Wayne Johnson ; 6. 3C-Cale Conley ; 7. 13-Justin Peck 
Heat #3 - Group (C) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 9-Kasey Kahne ; 2. 1A-Jacob Allen ; 3. 2-David Gravel ; 4. 21-Brian Brown ; 5. 72-Tim Shaffer ; 6. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 7. 15B-Zach Hampton ; 8. 11C-Joe Conway 
Heat #4 - Group (D) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 15-Donny Schatz ; 2. 83-Aaron Reutzel ; 3. 41-Carson Macedo ; 4. 17-Sheldon Haudenschild ; 5. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 6. 18-Gio Scelzi ; 7. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. ; 8. 17B-Steve Buckwalter 
Dash #1 (4 Laps)
1. 49-Brad Sweet ; 2. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 3. 15-Donny Schatz ; 4. 21-Brian Brown ; 5. 5-Brent Marks 
Dash #2 (4 Laps)
1. 41-Carson Macedo ; 2. 1S-Logan Schuchart ; 3. 2-David Gravel ; 4. 1A-Jacob Allen ; 5. 9-Kasey Kahne 
B-Main (12 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 19-Parker Price-Miller ; 2. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. ; 3. 26-Cory Eliason ; 4. 18-Gio Scelzi ; 5. 33M-Mason Daniel ; 6. 13-Justin Peck ; 7. 3C-Cale Conley ; 8. 17B-Steve Buckwalter ; 9. 15B-Zach Hampton ; 10. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 11. 11C-Joe Conway 
A-Main (25 Laps)
1. 41-Carson Macedo ; 2. 1S-Logan Schuchart ; 3. 49-Brad Sweet ; 4. 2-David Gravel ; 5. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 6. 1A-Jacob Allen ; 7. 15-Donny Schatz ; 8. 12N-Joey Saldana ; 9. 9-Kasey Kahne ; 10. 17-Sheldon Haudenschild ; 11. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss ; 12. 5-Brent Marks ; 13. 101-Kerry Madsen ; 14. 72-Tim Shaffer ; 15. 18-Gio Scelzi ; 16. 83-Aaron Reutzel ; 17. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 18. 21-Brian Brown ; 19. 11-Ian Madsen ; 20. 26-Cory Eliason ; 21. 19-Parker Price-Miller ; 22. 39M-Anthony Macri ; 23. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. ; 24. 2C-Wayne Johnson  Lap Leaders: Carson Macedo (1-25)
2021 All Star Circuit of Champions Winners:
1. Screven Motor Speedway, Georgia (January 29, 2021): Donny Schatz
2. Screven Motor Speedway, Georgia (January 30, 2021): Aaron Reutzel
3. East Bay Raceway Park, Florida (February 2, 2021): Donny Schatz (2)
4. Volusia Speedway Park, Florida (February 3, 2021): Logan Schuchart
5. Volusia Speedway Park, Florida (February 4, 2021): Carson Macedo
2021 All Star Circuit of Champions Standings:
**Southern Tour events do not accumulate points.
About the All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life.
For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1.
Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ vertical sport categories in the US and abroad. FloSports’ mission is to give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home. For more information, please visit: flosports.tv.
About Sugarlands Distilling Company:
Sugarlands Distilling Company, located in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, is a craft-distillery producing award-winning moonshine, rum, cream liqueurs and rye whiskey. Nearly 1 million people visit Sugarlands’ downtown Gatlinburg distillery annually, and over 25,000 visitors have rated the distillery a five-star experience on Trip Advisor ranking it as the '#1 Thing to do in Gatlinburg' as well as the ‘World’s Top-Rated Distillery Experience.’
Sugarlands distributes their award-winning line of spirits in 32 states nationwide, and their spirits are available for home delivery via Reserve Bar. Sugarlands hand-crafted cocktails can be sipped on in restaurants, bars and festivals across the country as well as on the Back Porch located at the downtown Gatlinburg, Tenn., distillery.
Since 2018, Sugarlands has entered partnerships with country music superstar Cole Swindell, the Atlanta Braves, baseball Hall-of-Famer and former Braves player, Chipper Jones, and Bristol Motor Speedway. In October 2018, Sugarlands announced its historic partnership with NASCAR as the official moonshine of NASCAR. Sugarlands Shine is also the official moonshine of Talladega Superspeedway, where they are the title partner of the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Trucks Series fall race, the Sugarlands Shine 250.
Sugarlands Distilling Co. believes giving back to the community is of the utmost importance. Since 2014, Sugarlands Distilling Company has donated over $675,000 to nonprofits across the country through their giveback program, MoonShare. Each month, Sugarlands sheds light on a different nonprofit organization and helps these organizations positively influence their communities through grants, fundraisers and donations. For more information, please visit www.sugarlands.com
About Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts:
Elliott's Custom Trailers & Carts is an authorized inTech Trailer, United, Featherlite, ATC, Legend, Alumitech, Haulmark, and EZ Go dealership serving the greater Warsaw, Indiana-area. We are proud to carry a large selection of new and pre-owned inventory. When you are ready to invest in a new trailer, our friendly and knowledgeable sales, financing, service, and parts departments are prepared to make sure your experience is outstanding. To learn more, visit Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts online at www.elliottscustomtrailers.com, or call 800-766-1886.
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
Photo: Paul Arch
All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
(724) 954-4915, email@example.com