GAS CITY, Ind. (May 22, 2021) - The result of an all-out slugfest, Republic, Ohio’s Cap Henry finally etched his name on the 2021 FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 win list, doing so in epic fashion during All Stars Indiana Invasion presented by Rayce Rudeen Foundation competition at Gas City I-69 Speedway in Gas City, Indiana. Henry, who now owns five All Star victories over the course of his career, earned his eventual $6,000 payday from the front row, forced to outduel and outwit St. Helena, California’s Rico Abreu. Adding some flair to the record books, Henry’s victory occurred during just the second-ever Gas City visit by the All Stars; Dale Blaney scored the first visit win in 2004.
“You know when you’re racing Rico, it’s never going to be easy,” Henry said in Gas City victory lane. “I felt bad kinda using up the lappers there near the end, but we were racing for the win. My guys have been working so hard this year. We had a bad start to the year, so I wasn’t about to throw that one away.”
Although starting from the outside-pole position, Henry, aboard the Lane Racing, Blake’s Hard Cider, No. 4 sprint car, did not earn the lead initially. Instead, Abreu, who started alongside Henry on the front row, got the early jump, maintaining control of the field for the first 15 circuits while surviving three early race restarts and the initial run-in with traffic.
Abreu’s confrontation with a two-to-three wide traffic jam allowed Henry to close in on the Rico Abreu/Curb Agajanian Racing No. 24 sprint car, eventually working his way around Abreu with a slick move off of turn four on lap 16.
By lap 22, Abreu was back on Henry’s heels, capitalizing after the Buckeye nearly made contact with a backmarker. A slider through turns three and four would ultimately give the lap to Abreu, but Henry quickly returned the favor and resumed the point with a move of his own in the very next corner.
A late race caution on lap 26 would actually give Henry the breather that he needed. With traffic no longer a factor, Henry would go on to navigate the final five circuits with ease, claiming high honors by a final margin of victory equaling 1.210 seconds. Abreu held on to finish second, followed by Bill Balog, Kerry Madsen, and Justin Peck.
“The top was definitely the way to go tonight. You just had to try and rip it,” Henry added. “I was getting kinda lucky because the lappers that I got stuck behind were setting a pretty good pace so I was able to tuck in behind. I definitely needed that caution there at the end to get me back into some clean air.”
“I just think I needed to make some better decisions in traffic,” Rico Abreu said after finishing second for a second consecutive night. “It’s so hard to judge your depth perception on lapped cars. The cushion ended up getting really treacherous there at the end. That was a lot of fun racing with Cap. The better car won that race.”
Growing into one of the most sought after prizes on the All Star campaign trail, the All Stars Indiana Invasion presented by Rayce Rudeen Foundation will conclude on Sunday, May 23, with the third running of the annual Rayce Rudeen Foundation Race at Kokomo Speedway in Kokomo, Indiana. Like years prior, a $26,000 payday will be awarded to the main event winner.
Conducted at three different tracks during its three year run, the Rayce Rudeen Foundation Race held its inaugural event in 2019 at 34 Raceway in West Burlington, Iowa. The 2020 edition was hosted at the Plymouth Dirt Track in Plymouth, Wisconsin. Three-time NASCAR Cup Series champion and All Star owner, Tony Stewart, won the first-ever Rayce Rudeen Foundation Race. Elk Grove, California’s Kyle Larson earned last season’s $26,000 share.
For those who can not witness the All Star Circuit of Champions live and in person, FloRacing.com, the official media partner and broadcast provider of the All Stars, has you covered. To access live and on-demand racing action from the All Star Circuit of Champions, visit FloRacing.com and become an annual PRO subscriber. Race fans can see all the USAC and dirt late-model action they want in addition to Eldora Speedway’s slate of races and those of the All Star Circuit of Champions. The subscription unlocks access to premium content across the entire FloSports network. Watch the events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast.
Contingency Awards/Results: Gas City I-69 Speedway - Saturday, May 22, 2021
Event: All Stars Indiana Invasion presented by Rayce Rudeen Foundation
C&R Racing Hot Laps: Ian Madsen | 10.703
Dixie Vodka Fast Qualifier: Justin Peck | 10.395
Ford Performance Heat #1 Winner: Ryan Broughton
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2 Winner: Cap Henry
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3 Winner: Bill Balog
Mobil 1 Heat #4 Winner: Kerry Madsen
Kear’s Speed Shop Dash #1 Winner: Rico Abreu
Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts Dash #2 Winner: Cap Henry
Classic Ink USA Screenprinting & Embroidery B-Main Winner: Zeb Wise
Rayce Rudeen Foundation First Non-Transfer: Zane DeVault
FloRacing A-Main Winner: Cap Henry
Hercules Tire A-Main Hard Charger: Tyler Courtney (+9)
1. 13-Justin Peck, 10.395; 2. 73-Scotty Thiel, 10.453; 3. 22-Ryan Broughton, 10.524; 4. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr., 10.592; 5. 10-Zeb Wise, 10.612; 6. 8M-TJ Michael, 10.772; 7. OO-Thomas Meseraull, 10.802; 8. 20G-Noah Gass, 11.012
1. 4-Cap Henry, 10.423; 2. 24-Rico Abreu, 10.459; 3. 26-Cory Eliason, 10.485; 4. 18-Gio Scelzi, 10.586; 5. 7BC-Tyler Courtney, 10.660; 6. 5-Paul McMahan, 10.757; 7. 7-Zane DeVault, 10.785; 8. 7m-Geoff Dodge, 11.303
1. 17B-Bill Balog, 10.514; 2. 21-Carson Short, 10.648; 3. 19AZ-Tanner Thorson, 10.652; 4. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg, 10.726; 5. 11-Ian Madsen, 10.769; 6. 5K-Paul Nienhiser, 10.810; 7. 69-Brady Bacon, 10.865; 8. 98-Clinton Boyles, 10.950
1. 14-Kerry Madsen, 10.747; 2. 91-Kyle Reinhardt, 10.889; 3. A79-Brandon Wimmer, 10.892; 4. 55m-McKenna Haase, 10.962; 5. O2-Brandon Long, 11.051; 6. 21BP-Brinton Marvel, 11.114; 7. W20-Greg Wilson, 11.127; 8. 71-Kevin Thomas Jr., 11.128
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 22-Ryan Broughton ; 2. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. ; 3. 13-Justin Peck ; 4. 73-Scotty Thiel ; 5. OO-Thomas Meseraull ; 6. 8M-TJ Michael ; 7. 10-Zeb Wise ; 8. 20G-Noah Gass 
Heat #2 - Group (B) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 4-Cap Henry ; 2. 26-Cory Eliason ; 3. 18-Gio Scelzi ; 4. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 5. 24-Rico Abreu ; 6. 5-Paul McMahan ; 7. 7-Zane DeVault ; 8. 7M-Geoff Dodge 
Heat #3 - Group (C) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 17B-Bill Balog ; 2. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 3. 69-Brady Bacon ; 4. 21-Carson Short ; 5. 19AZ-Tanner Thorson ; 6. 11-Ian Madsen ; 7. 98-Clinton Boyles ; 8. 5K-Paul Nienhiser 
Heat #4 - Group (D) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 14-Kerry Madsen ; 2. 71-Kevin Thomas Jr. ; 3. W20-Greg Wilson ; 4. 21BP-Brinton Marvel ; 5. A79-Brandon Wimmer ; 6. O2-Brandon Long ; 7. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 8. 55M-McKenna Haase 
Dash #1 (4 Laps)
1. 24-Rico Abreu ; 2. 22-Ryan Broughton ; 3. 21-Carson Short ; 4. 17B-Bill Balog ; 5. 14-Kerry Madsen 
Dash #2 (4 Laps)
1. 4-Cap Henry ; 2. A79-Brandon Wimmer ; 3. 73-Scotty Thiel ; 4. 13-Justin Peck ; 5. 26-Cory Eliason 
B-Main (12 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 10-Zeb Wise ; 2. 11-Ian Madsen ; 3. 5-Paul McMahan ; 4. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 5. 7-Zane DeVault ; 6. O2-Brandon Long ; 7. 8M-TJ Michael ; 8. 98-Clinton Boyles ; 9. 5K-Paul Nienhiser ; 10. 20G-Noah Gass ; 11. 7M-Geoff Dodge ; 12. 55M-McKenna Haase 
A-Main (30 Laps)
1. 4-Cap Henry ; 2. 24-Rico Abreu ; 3. 17B-Bill Balog ; 4. 14-Kerry Madsen ; 5. 13-Justin Peck ; 6. 73-Scotty Thiel ; 7. 26-Cory Eliason ; 8. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 9. 69-Brady Bacon ; 10. 18-Gio Scelzi ; 11. A79-Brandon Wimmer ; 12. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 13. 71-Kevin Thomas Jr. ; 14. 19AZ-Tanner Thorson ; 15. W20-Greg Wilson ; 16. 5-Paul McMahan ; 17. 11-Ian Madsen ; 18. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 19. 10-Zeb Wise ; 20. OO-Thomas Meseraull ; 21. 21BP-Brinton Marvel ; 22. 22-Ryan Broughton ; 23. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. ; 24. 21-Carson Short  Lap Leaders: Rico Abreu (1-15), Cap Henry (16-21), Rico Abreu (22), Cap Henry (23-30)
2021 All Star Circuit of Champions Winners:
1. Screven Motor Speedway, Georgia (January 29, 2021): Donny Schatz
2. Screven Motor Speedway, Georgia (January 30, 2021): Aaron Reutzel
3. East Bay Raceway Park, Florida (February 2, 2021): Donny Schatz (2)
4. Volusia Speedway Park, Florida (February 3, 2021): Logan Schuchart
5. Volusia Speedway Park, Florida (February 4, 2021): Carson Macedo
6. Attica Raceway Park, Ohio (April 3, 2021): Justin Peck
7. Virginia Motor Speedway, Virginia (April 15, 2021): Tony Stewart
8. Williams Grove Speedway, Pennsylvania (April 16, 2021): Kyle Larson
9. Port Royal Speedway, Pennsylvania (April 17, 2021): Logan Wagner
10. Bedford Speedway, Pennsylvania (April 18, 2021): Anthony Macri
11. Sharon Speedway, Pennsylvania (May 1, 2021): Justin Peck (2)
12. Tri-City Raceway Park, Pennsylvania (May 2, 2021): Sam Hafertepe Jr.
13. I-96 Speedway, Michigan (May 14, 2021): Tyler Courtney
14. Dirt Oval at Route 66, Illinois (May 15, 2021): Kyle Reinhardt
15. Circle City Raceway, Indiana (May 20, 2021): Tyler Courtney (2)
16. Circle City Raceway, Indiana (May 21, 2021): Tyler Courtney (3)
17. Gas City I-69 Speedway, Indiana (May 22, 2021): Cap Henry
All Stars Indiana Invasion presented by Rayce Rudeen Foundation Points Standings (as of 5/22/21):
1. Tyler Courtney - 434
2. Bill Balog - 418
3. Hunter Schuerenberg - 414
4. Justin Peck - 410
5. Rico Abreu - 406
2021 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings (as of 5/22/21):
1. Tyler Courtney - 1640
2. Ian Madsen - 1604
3. Justin Peck - 1604
4. Hunter Schuerenberg - 1562
5. Zeb Wise - 1542
6. Bill Balog - 1522
7. Cory Eliason - 1506
8. Cap Henry - 1496
9. Paul McMahan - 1426
10. Kyle Reinhardt - 1410
About the All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ vertical sport categories in the US and abroad. FloSports’ mission is to give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home. For more information, please visit: flosports.tv.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life. For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1. Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
# # #
Photo Credit: DB3 Imaging
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
(724) 954-4915, email@example.com