SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. (June 6, 2021) - It took Bill Balog 38 tries to score a first-ever victory with the FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1, but less than 24 hours later, the “Northpole Nightmare” is a winner again, this time at the Angell Park Speedway in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, on Sunday, June 6. Earning a $6,000 top prize for his efforts, the All Stars versus IRA challenge victory not only doubled Balog’s All Star career win total to two, but it also bumped his all-time IRA Outlaw Sprint Series win total to 130; he is a ten-time Series champion and the all-time leading winner.
“It was great to get it done last night, but I can’t believe we did it again,” Bill Balog said in Angell Park Speedway victory lane, driver of the B Squared Motorsports/Anderson's Pure Maple Syrup/CK Contractors LLC/Buesser Concrete/Wisecup Siding, Howard Law/Wayne Corini CPA/No. 17B sprint car. “This team has a lot of confidence right now. We’ve always had confidence, even during some of the ‘DNFs’ we had earlier in the year. We’re working hard and the speed is there. My mom, my sister, my brother-in-law, my nephews; they are all here in the stands down from Alaska, so it’s great to have them here celebrating with us.”
Utilizing the pole position by way of dash victory, St. Helena, California’s Rico Abreu earned the initial lead and maintained the point position for the first nine circuits, becoming acquainted with slower traffic along the way. Refusing to allow Abreu to disappear, Balog, who joined Abreu on the front row, kept the Rowdy Energy No. 24 in sight, creeping to his back bumper by lap nine before making his first official bid for the lead the following circuit.
After his failed attempt to get by Abreu on lap 10, losing in a drag race out of turn four, Balog redeemed himself and did one move better the following lap, eventually catapulting around Abreu at the exit of turn four before completing lap 11. Balog’s slingshot move was initiated when Abreu attempted to get through the corner on the bottom, ultimately missing the moisture and allowing Balog to drive by.
From that point forward, it was all Balog at the front of the field, withstanding one final slide job attempt by Abreu after a restart on lap 19. Abreu’s move did not stick and Balog drove on to score the $6,000 payday.
“Our car is really good when it’s slick to a curb like this,” Balog continued. “A lot of the tracks next week get like that, so I think we’ll be in pretty good shape for Ohio Sprint Speedweek. I just gotta keep this thing in one piece because it’s really good right now.”
Ian Madsen, who worked beyond Abreu with two to go to secure a third consecutive runner-up finish, crossed the line behind Balog, followed by Abreu, a hard-charging Cap Henry, and Cory Eliason.
The All Star Circuit of Champions will continue their 2021 campaign with Cometic Gasket Ohio Sprint Speedweek presented by Hercules Tires on Friday through Saturday, June 11-19. Action will kick-off, officially, on Friday evening, June 11, at the Attica Raceway Park in Attica, Ohio.
For those who can not witness the All Star Circuit of Champions live and in person, FloRacing.com, the official media partner and broadcast provider of the All Stars, has you covered. To access live and on-demand racing action from the All Star Circuit of Champions, visit FloRacing.com and become an annual PRO subscriber. Race fans can see all the USAC and dirt late-model action they want in addition to Eldora Speedway’s slate of races and those of the All Star Circuit of Champions. The subscription unlocks access to premium content across the entire FloSports network. Watch the events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast.
Contingency Awards/Results: Angell Park Speedway - Sunday, June 6, 2021
Event: All Stars vs. IRA
C&R Racing Hot Laps: Parker Price-Miller | 11.998
Dixie Vodka Fast Qualifier: Ian Madsen | 11.957
Ford Performance Heat #1 Winner: Cory Eliason
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2 Winner: Jeremy Schultz
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3 Winner: Carson Short
Kear’s Speed Shop Dash presented by Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts Winner: Rico Abreu
Classic Ink USA Screenprinting & Embroidery B-Main Winner: Jake Blackhurst
Rayce Rudeen Foundation First Non-Transfer: Robbie Pribnow
FloRacing A-Main Winner: Bill Balog
Hercules Tire A-Main Hard Charger: Cap Henry (+9)
1. 11-Ian Madsen, 11.957; 2. 17B-Bill Balog, 12.039; 3. 24-Rico Abreu, 12.050; 4. 2W-Scotty Neitzel, 12.195; 5. 39-Jake Blackhurst, 12.304; 6. 13-Spencer Bayston, 12.311; 7. 9K-Kyle Schuett, 12.339; 8. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr., 12.343; 9. 19-Parker Price-Miller, 12.389; 10. 26-Cory Eliason, 12.404; 11. 5J-Jeremy Schultz, 12.411; 12. 21-Carson Short, 12.449; 13. 5-Paul McMahan, 12.450; 14. 4-Cap Henry, 12.453; 15. 68-Dave Uttech, 12.475; 16. 10-Zeb Wise, 12.490; 17. 8M-TJ Michael, 12.491; 18. 23-Russel Borland, 12.525; 19. 91-Kyle Reinhardt, 12.529; 20. 7BC-Tyler Courtney, 12.568; 21. O7-Skylar Gee, 12.628; 22. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg, 12.679; 23. 65-Jordan Goldesberry, 12.699; 24. 20R-Robbie Pribnow, 12.730; 25. 4K-Kris Spitz, 13.009; 26. 29-Hunter Custer, 13.154
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 6 Transfer
1. 26-Cory Eliason ; 2. 2W-Scotty Neitzel ; 3. 9K-Kyle Schuett ; 4. 11-Ian Madsen ; 5. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 6. 5-Paul McMahan ; 7. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 8. 10-Zeb Wise ; 9. 4K-Kris Spitz 
Heat #2 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 6 Transfer
1. 5J-Jeremy Schultz ; 2. 17B-Bill Balog ; 3. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. ; 4. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 5. 4-Cap Henry ; 6. 65-Jordan Goldesberry ; 7. 39-Jake Blackhurst ; 8. 8M-TJ Michael ; 9. 29-Hunter Custer 
Heat #3 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 6 Transfer
1. 21-Carson Short ; 2. 19-Parker Price-Miller ; 3. 13-Spencer Bayston ; 4. 24-Rico Abreu ; 5. O7-Skylar Gee ; 6. 23-Russel Borland ; 7. 68-Dave Uttech ; 8. 20R-Robbie Pribnow 
Dash #1 (6 Laps)
1. 24-Rico Abreu ; 2. 17B-Bill Balog ; 3. 2W-Scotty Neitzel ; 4. 5J-Jeremy Schultz ; 5. 11-Ian Madsen ; 6. 13-Spencer Bayston ; 7. 26-Cory Eliason ; 8. 21-Carson Short 
B-Main (8 Laps) - Top 6 Transfer
1. 39-Jake Blackhurst ; 2. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 3. 10-Zeb Wise ; 4. 8M-TJ Michael ; 5. 4K-Kris Spitz ; 6. 68-Dave Uttech ; 7. 20R-Robbie Pribnow ; 8. 29-Hunter Custer 
A-Main (30 Laps)
1. 17B-Bill Balog ; 2. 11-Ian Madsen ; 3. 24-Rico Abreu ; 4. 4-Cap Henry ; 5. 26-Cory Eliason ; 6. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 7. 13-Spencer Bayston ; 8. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 9. 2W-Scotty Neitzel ; 10. 5-Paul McMahan ; 11. 5J-Jeremy Schultz ; 12. 19-Parker Price-Miller ; 13. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. ; 14. 10-Zeb Wise ; 15. 23-Russel Borland ; 16. 65-Jordan Goldesberry ; 17. 21-Carson Short ; 18. 9K-Kyle Schuett ; 19. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 20. O7-Skylar Gee ; 21. 39-Jake Blackhurst ; 22. 8M-TJ Michael ; 23. 68-Dave Uttech ; 24. 4K-Kris Spitz  Lap Leaders: Rico Abreu (1-10), Bill Balog (11-30)
2021 All Star Circuit of Champions Winners:
1. Screven Motor Speedway, Georgia (January 29, 2021): Donny Schatz
2. Screven Motor Speedway, Georgia (January 30, 2021): Aaron Reutzel
3. East Bay Raceway Park, Florida (February 2, 2021): Donny Schatz (2)
4. Volusia Speedway Park, Florida (February 3, 2021): Logan Schuchart
5. Volusia Speedway Park, Florida (February 4, 2021): Carson Macedo
6. Attica Raceway Park, Ohio (April 3, 2021): Justin Peck
7. Virginia Motor Speedway, Virginia (April 15, 2021): Tony Stewart
8. Williams Grove Speedway, Pennsylvania (April 16, 2021): Kyle Larson
9. Port Royal Speedway, Pennsylvania (April 17, 2021): Logan Wagner
10. Bedford Speedway, Pennsylvania (April 18, 2021): Anthony Macri
11. Sharon Speedway, Ohio (May 1, 2021): Justin Peck (2)
12. Tri-City Raceway Park, Pennsylvania (May 2, 2021): Sam Hafertepe Jr.
13. I-96 Speedway, Michigan (May 14, 2021): Tyler Courtney
14. Dirt Oval at Route 66, Illinois (May 15, 2021): Kyle Reinhardt
15. Circle City Raceway, Indiana (May 20, 2021): Tyler Courtney (2)
16. Circle City Raceway, Indiana (May 21, 2021): Tyler Courtney (3)
17. Gas City I-69 Speedway, Indiana (May 22, 2021): Cap Henry
18. Kokomo Speedway, Indiana (May 23, 2021): Zeb Wise
19. Port Royal Speedway, Pennsylvania (May 31, 2021): Lance Dewease
20. Fairbury Speedway, Illinois (June 3, 2021): Tyler Courtney (4)
21. Wilmot Raceway, Wisconsin (June 4, 2021): Tyler Courtney (5)
22. Plymouth Dirt Track, Wisconsin (June 5, 2021): Bill Balog
23. Angell Park Speedway, Wisconsin (June 6, 2021): Bill Balog (2)
2021 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings (as of 6/6/21):
1. Tyler Courtney - 2508
2. Ian Madsen - 2416
3. Hunter Schuerenberg - 2370
4. Bill Balog - 2328
5. Cory Eliason - 2322
6. Zeb Wise - 2302
7. Cap Henry - 2256
8. Paul McMahan - 2188
9. Kyle Reinhardt - 2080
10. Rico Abreu - 1990
About the All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ vertical sport categories in the US and abroad. FloSports’ mission is to give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home. For more information, please visit: flosports.tv.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life. For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1. Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
# # #
Photo Credit: Paul Arch
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
(724) 954-4915, email@example.com