BUSTI, N.Y. (July 9, 2021) - For the first time of his career, “Hunter Percent” Hunter Schuerenberg is a FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 main event winner, earning his triumph during the Empire State Shootout 30 at Stateline Speedway in Busti, New York. Pocketing a $6,000 payday for his efforts, the Sikeston, Missouri-native was forced to outduel not only fellow Series full-timer Zeb Wise for his first check in the All Star win column, but also Mother Nature, as the event was plagued by a constant mix of light rain and steady mist that caused several delays including a 90-minute pause just before the evening’s main event.
Nonetheless, Schuerenberg came out on top, taking command for the first time on lap 14 after starting third on the grid. Wise, who led the first 13 circuits before a bobble in traffic opened the door for Schuerenberg, held on to finish second, followed by Justin Peck, Paul McMahan, and Cory Eliason.
“Our balance was so good at the beginning of the year, but something knocked us off. The crew and I put our heads together and determined that there can’t be anything too crazy wrong with this car because we haven’t done anything different. We found a little shock issue, but once we figured that out, things have been back to normal,” Schuerenberg expressed in Stateline Speedway victory lane. “I was getting really tired of my son asking me where the confetti was, so, I’m really happy the track stuck this out and allowed us to race. This track really fits my driving style. It was a lot of fun to run that race.”
As aforementioned, Schuerenberg, aboard the Vermeer Motorsports, Maxim Trucking and Materials, TK Concrete, No. 55 sprint car, took command of the 30-lap contest on lap 14, using the bottom of turn one to sneak by Angola, Indiana’s Zeb Wise. Wise, who started from the outside-pole position, found himself trapped behind a lapped car at the end of the straightaway, ultimately forced to go high to avoid potential contact.
“This is a whole new car, different motor; a whole new package,” Wise said. “To come out here and put it on the podium the first night, and with our friends from Sundollar here, as well, that’s pretty special.”
The weekend will continue just two hours southwest of Busti, New York, in Hartford, Ohio, where the All Star Circuit of Champions will revisit Sharon Speedway for a two-day blockbuster on Saturday and Sunday, July 10-11. Awarding a total winner’s share equaling $14,000, the two-day Sharon Speedway takeover will activate with the highly sought after Lou Blaney Memorial on Saturday, honoring National Sprint Car Hall of Famer and former Sharon Speedway track champion, Lou Blaney.
Vienna, West Virginia’s Cale Conley is the defending Lou Blaney Memorial champion, securing a $7,500 payday in 2020 over Rudeen Racing’s Cory Eliason and California invader, Rico Abreu; the 2021 edition will award an $8,000 payday.
The All Star Circuit of Champions’ invasion of Sharon Speedway will resume on Sunday, July 11, with the annual Justin Snyder’s Salute to the Troops program presented by Self Made Racing, honoring military veteran and open wheel advocate, the late Justin Snyder. Derek Snyder, owner and founder of Self Made Racing, as well as the executive manager and partner of Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC in Boardman, Ohio, will honor his brother with the season’s final All Star visit to Sharon Speedway, set to award a $6,000 payday.
For those who can not witness the All Star Circuit of Champions live and in person, FloRacing.com, the official media partner and broadcast provider of the All Stars, has you covered. To access live and on-demand racing action from the All Star Circuit of Champions, visit FloRacing.com and become an annual PRO subscriber. Race fans can see all the USAC and dirt late-model action they want in addition to Eldora Speedway’s slate of races and those of the All Star Circuit of Champions. The subscription unlocks access to premium content across the entire FloSports network. Watch the events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast.
Contingency Awards/Results: Stateline Speedway | Friday, July 9, 2021:
Event: Empire State Shootout 30
C&R Racing Hot Laps: Tyler Courtney | 15.255
Dixie Vodka Fast Qualifier: Zeb Wise | 14.623
Ford Performance Heat #1 Winner: Paul McMahan
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2 Winner: Hunter Schuerenberg
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3 Winner: Jared Zimbardi
Kear’s Speed Shop Dash presented by Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts Winner: Justin Peck
FloRacing A-Main Winner: Hunter Schuerenberg
Hercules Tires A-Main Hard Charger: Bill Balog (+5)
1. 10-Zeb Wise, 14.623; 2. 13-Justin Peck, 15.008; 3. 11-Spencer Bayston, 15.029; 4. 7BC-Tyler Courtney, 15.121; 5. 26-Cory Eliason, 15.123; 6. 4-Cap Henry, 15.193; 7. 91-Kyle Reinhardt, 15.243; 8. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg, 15.245; 9. O7-Skylar Gee, 15.254; 10. 5-Paul McMahan, 15.290; 11. 22C-Cole Duncan, 15.327; 12. 35-Jared Zimbardi, 15.404; 13. 97-Greg Wilson, 15.451; 14. 17B-Bill Balog, 15.558; 15. 23-Darren Pifer, 15.592; 16. 21N-Frankie Nervo, 15.681; 17. 22-Brandon Spithaler, 15.747; 18. 6-Bob Felmlee, 15.794; 19. 29-Logan McCandless, 16.297; 20. 47-Brett Brunkenhoefer, 16.577; 21. 19-Joe Kubiniec, 16.773
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 8 Transfer
1. 5-Paul McMahan ; 2. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 3. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 4. 97-Greg Wilson ; 5. 10-Zeb Wise ; 6. 21N-Frankie Nervo ; 7. 29-Logan McCandless 
Heat #2 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 8 Transfer
1. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 2. 22C-Cole Duncan ; 3. 13-Justin Peck ; 4. 26-Cory Eliason ; 5. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 6. 17B-Bill Balog ; 7. 47-Brett Brunkenhoefer 
Heat #3 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 8 Transfer
1. 35-Jared Zimbardi ; 2. 4-Cap Henry ; 3. 11-Spencer Bayston ; 4. O7-Skylar Gee ; 5. 6-Bob Felmlee ; 6. 23-Darren Pifer ; 7. 19-Joe Kubiniec 
Dash #1 (6 Laps)
1. 13-Justin Peck ; 2. 10-Zeb Wise ; 3. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 4. 35-Jared Zimbardi ; 5. 5-Paul McMahan ; 6. 26-Cory Eliason ; 7. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 8. 11-Spencer Bayston 
A-Main (30 Laps)
1. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 2. 10-Zeb Wise ; 3. 13-Justin Peck ; 4. 5-Paul McMahan ; 5. 26-Cory Eliason ; 6. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 7. 4-Cap Henry ; 8. 11-Spencer Bayston ; 9. 97-Greg Wilson ; 10. O7-Skylar Gee ; 11. 17B-Bill Balog ; 12. 22C-Cole Duncan ; 13. 35-Jared Zimbardi ; 14. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 15. 6-Bob Felmlee ; 16. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 17. 29-Logan McCandless ; 18. 21N-Frankie Nervo ; 19. 19-Joe Kubiniec ; 20. 23-Darren Pifer ; 21. 47-Brett Brunkenhoefer  Lap Leaders: Zeb Wise (1-13), Hunter Schuerenberg (14-30)
2021 All Star Circuit of Champions Winners:
1. Screven Motor Speedway, Georgia (January 29, 2021): Donny Schatz
2. Screven Motor Speedway, Georgia (January 30, 2021): Aaron Reutzel
3. East Bay Raceway Park, Florida (February 2, 2021): Donny Schatz (2)
4. Volusia Speedway Park, Florida (February 3, 2021): Logan Schuchart
5. Volusia Speedway Park, Florida (February 4, 2021): Carson Macedo
6. Attica Raceway Park, Ohio (April 3, 2021): Justin Peck
7. Virginia Motor Speedway, Virginia (April 15, 2021): Tony Stewart
8. Williams Grove Speedway, Pennsylvania (April 16, 2021): Kyle Larson
9. Port Royal Speedway, Pennsylvania (April 17, 2021): Logan Wagner
10. Bedford Speedway, Pennsylvania (April 18, 2021): Anthony Macri
11. Sharon Speedway, Ohio (May 1, 2021): Justin Peck (2)
12. Tri-City Raceway Park, Pennsylvania (May 2, 2021): Sam Hafertepe Jr.
13. I-96 Speedway, Michigan (May 14, 2021): Tyler Courtney
14. Dirt Oval at Route 66, Illinois (May 15, 2021): Kyle Reinhardt
15. Circle City Raceway, Indiana (May 20, 2021): Tyler Courtney (2)
16. Circle City Raceway, Indiana (May 21, 2021): Tyler Courtney (3)
17. Gas City I-69 Speedway, Indiana (May 22, 2021): Cap Henry
18. Kokomo Speedway, Indiana (May 23, 2021): Zeb Wise
19. Port Royal Speedway, Pennsylvania (May 31, 2021): Lance Dewease
20. Fairbury Speedway, Illinois (June 3, 2021): Tyler Courtney (4)
21. Wilmot Raceway, Wisconsin (June 4, 2021): Tyler Courtney (5)
22. Plymouth Dirt Track, Wisconsin (June 5, 2021): Bill Balog
23. Angell Park Speedway, Wisconsin (June 6, 2021): Bill Balog (2)
24. SW Attica Raceway Park, Ohio (June 11, 2021): Ian Madsen
25. SW Fremont Speedway, Ohio (June 12, 2021): Cole Duncan
26. SW Wayne County Speedway, Ohio (June 14, 2021): Kyle Larson (2)
27. SW Sharon Speedway, Ohio (June 15, 2021): Danny Dietrich
28. SW Waynesfield Raceway Park, Ohio (June 16, 2021): Kyle Larson (3)
29. SW Muskingum County Speedway, Ohio (June 17, 2021): Justin Peck (3)
30. SW Portsmouth Raceway Park, Ohio (June 19, 2021): Paul McMahan
31. Stateline Speedway, New York (July 9, 2021): Hunter Schuerenberg
2021 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings (as of 7/9/21):
1. Tyler Courtney - 3626
2. Hunter Schuerenberg - 3382
3. Cory Eliason - 3372
4. Zeb Wise - 3326
5. Cap Henry - 3306
6. Bill Balog - 3304
7. Paul McMahan - 3254
8. Kyle Reinhardt - 2964
9. Justin Peck - 2942
10. Ian Madsen - 2926
About the All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ vertical sport categories in the US and abroad. FloSports’ mission is to give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home. For more information, please visit: flosports.tv.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life. For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1. Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
# # #
Photo: Chad Warner
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
(724) 954-4915, firstname.lastname@example.org