JACKSON, Minn. (July 27, 2019) - For the second time in as many days, and for the fourth time in his career, Brisbane, Australia’s James McFadden is an Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 main event winner, this time using a late-race surge to power under race leader, Josh Baughman, during the closing laps of Friday’s visit to Jackson Motorplex in Jackson, Minnesota.
Starting fourth on the feature grid, McFadden’s drive to the front was not only impressive, but also valuable, scoring $10,000 for his feature triumph in southern Minnesota, bumping his two-day total with Tony Stewart’s All Stars to $15,000. Adding some extra hype to his Friday night feat, MAVTV Motorsports Network, the official television home of the All Star Circuit of Champions in 2019, was on hand to capture all of the action, set to re-air later this fall via tape-delay broadcast.
“This feels great. The car has been working really well,” James McFadden expressed, driver of the Kasey Kahne Racing with Mike Curb/Curb Records/Team ASE/Wicked Energy Gum/Wicked Cushion/No. 9 sprint car. “I was actually starting to get frustrated a little bit. I felt like I was really good in traffic. The cautions kinda screwed up any chance we had to make up some ground in traffic."
Although McFadden was the star of the show during the final five circuits, it was Grain Valley, Missouri’s Brian Brown who earned the initial jump, utilizing the pole position to scoot away to a comfortable lead during the first 12 circuits. Visalia, California’s Cory Eliason chased Brown from the runner-up spot, followed by Josh Baughman, James McFadden, and Aaron Reutzel.
Near-flawless at the front of the field, and only tripped up by slower traffic on one occasion, Brian Brown was seemingly in complete control, that until caution flags waved for a slowing Aaron Reutzel with 12 laps recorded.
Unfortunately, while slowing for the caution, Brown bumped the inside berm causing the multi-time Knoxville Raceway feature winner to lose the handle of his familiar no. 21 and spin to the stop. That mishap ultimately forced Brown to surrender the top spot to Josh Baughman; Aaron Reutzel’s car owner and teammate who had already slipped into second by lap six.
When green flag action returned, it was Baughman who was now the man in charge, now followed by James McFadden, Cory Eliason, Justin Henderson, and Brock Zearfoss. Baughman remained in control for 13 circuits, working as hard as he could to keep McFadden and Eliason off of his shoulders.
By lap 25, McFadden was all over Baughman for the lead, knocking down the advantage to less than a car length by the time the frontrunners received the five-to-go signal from the flagstand.
Although McFadden’s first bid for the top spot did not succeed in turns one and two, his efforts in the next two corners prevailed, jamming the Kasey Kahne Racing entry between Baughman and the inside berm as the pair raced into turn three on lap 26. The move sealed the deal, allowing McFadden to drive on to score the $10,000 payday. Eliason powered ahead to finish second, followed by Josh Baughman, a hard-charging Kerry Madsen from 18th, and Justin Henderson.
"I'm proud of this team," McFadden added. "It has been a great few days."
A pair of starts in the Hawkeye State will conclude the four-day, All Star jaunt through the Midwest including a visit to the famed Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa, on Saturday, July 27, followed by a stop at 34 Raceway in West Burlington, Iowa, on Sunday, July 28. Saving the biggest event for last, of course, Sunday’s visit to 34 Raceway will feature the highly-anticipated Inaugural Rayce Rudeen Foundation Race awarding a grand prize equalling $26,000.
Those seeking additional news and notes pertaining to the events at Knoxville Raceway and 34 Raceway should visit each facility at their respective online homes: www.knoxvilleraceway.com and www.34raceway.com.
Contingency Awards/Results: Jackson Motorplex - July 26, 2019:
Event: Tony Stewart Night at Jackson Motorplex
C&R Racing All Star Warm-Ups: Aaron Reutzel - 12.707
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: Aaron Reutzel - 12.770
Ford Performance Heat #1: Brian Brown
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2: Justin Henderson
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3: Justin Peck
Mobil 1 Heat #4: Josh Baughman
JE Pistons Dash #1: Brian Brown
Fatheadz Eyewear Dash #2: Cory Eliason
Classic Ink USA Screenprinting B-Main Winner: Tony Stewart
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet A-Main Winner: James McFadden
MSD Performance Hard Charger Award: Kerry Madsen (+14)
Cometic Gasket Most A-Main Laps Led: Josh Baughman (13-25, 13 laps)
Rayce Rudeen Foundation First Non-Transfer: Travis Whitney
(Lincoln Electric, MSD Performance, Fatheadz Eyewear, Rayce Rudeen Foundation, Cometic Gasket: Need decal to qualify for contingency award)
1. 9-James McFadden, 12.779; 2. 2M-Kerry Madsen, 12.867; 3. 70-Brock Zearfoss, 12.926; 4. 21-Brian Brown, 12.942; 5. 2KS-Austin McCarl, 12.943; 6. O9-Matt Juhl, 12.998; 7. 23W-Scott Winters, 13.213; 8. 2AU-Andrew Scheuerle, 13.297; 9. 40-George Hobaugh, 13.608
1. 87-Aaron Reutzel, 12.770; 2. 17W-Shane Golobic, 12.851; 3. 13-Paul McMahan, 12.871; 4. 7X-Justin Henderson, 12.913; 5. 44-Trey Starks, 12.965; 6. 21K-Thomas Kennedy, 12.980; 7. 99-Skylar Gee, 13.073; 8. 1AJ-Tevor Mell, 13.689
1. 14-Tony Stewart, 12.781; 2. 14M-Marcus Dumsney, 12.791; 3. 70X-Justin Peck, 12.889; 4. 35-Skylar Prochaska, 13.038; 5. 26-Cory Eliason, 13.051; 6. 2C-Wayne Johnson, 13.188; 7. 2d-Dusty Ballenger, 14.042; 8. O5-Colin Smith, NT
1. 83-Lynton Jeffrey, 12.877; 2. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr., 13.032; 3. 17-Josh Baughman, 13.035; 4. 11-Dale Blaney, 13.055; 5. 55-Brooke Tatnell, 13.059; 6. W20-Greg Wilson, 13.111; 7. 16-Travis Whitney, 13.119; 8. O7-Gerard McIntyre, 13.170
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 21-Brian Brown ; 2. 70-Brock Zearfoss ; 3. 9-James McFadden ; 4. 2KS-Austin McCarl ; 5. 2M-Kerry Madsen ; 6. O9-Matt Juhl ; 7. 2AU-Andrew Scheuerle ; 8. 40-George Hobaugh ; 9. 23W-Scott Winters 
Heat #2 - Group (B) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 7X-Justin Henderson ; 2. 13-Paul McMahan ; 3. 44-Trey Starks ; 4. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 5. 21K-Thomas Kennedy ; 6. 17W-Shane Golobic ; 7. 99-Skylar Gee ; 8. 1AJ-Tevor Mell 
Heat #3 - Group (C) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 70X-Justin Peck ; 2. 26-Cory Eliason ; 3. 35-Skylar Prochaska ; 4. 2C-Wayne Johnson ; 5. 14M-Marcus Dumsney ; 6. 14-Tony Stewart ; 7. 2D-Dusty Ballenger 
Heat #4 - Group (D) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 17-Josh Baughman ; 2. 11-Dale Blaney ; 3. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. ; 4. 55-Brooke Tatnell ; 5. 83-Lynton Jeffrey ; 6. 16-Travis Whitney ; 7. W20-Greg Wilson ; 8. O7-Gerard McIntyre 
Dash #1 (4 Laps)
1. 21-Brian Brown ; 2. 17-Josh Baughman ; 3. 9-James McFadden ; 4. 70-Brock Zearfoss ; 5. 11-Dale Blaney 
Dash #2 (4 Laps)
1. 26-Cory Eliason ; 2. 7X-Justin Henderson ; 3. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 4. 13-Paul McMahan ; 5. 70X-Justin Peck 
B-Main (12 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 14-Tony Stewart ; 2. 17W-Shane Golobic ; 3. W20-Greg Wilson ; 4. 99-Skylar Gee ; 5. 16-Travis Whitney ; 6. O9-Matt Juhl ; 7. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 8. 23W-Scott Winters ; 9. 2AU-Andrew Scheuerle ; 10. 2D-Dusty Ballenger ; 11. 40-George Hobaugh ; 12. 1AJ-Tevor Mell 
A-Main (30 Laps)
1. 9-James McFadden ; 2. 26-Cory Eliason ; 3. 17-Josh Baughman ; 4. 2M-Kerry Madsen ; 5. 7X-Justin Henderson ; 6. 44-Trey Starks ; 7. 13-Paul McMahan ; 8. 70-Brock Zearfoss ; 9. 21K-Thomas Kennedy ; 10. 55-Brooke Tatnell ; 11. 11-Dale Blaney ; 12. 2KS-Austin McCarl ; 13. W20-Greg Wilson ; 14. 70X-Justin Peck ; 15. 17W-Shane Golobic ; 16. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. ; 17. 21-Brian Brown ; 18. 83-Lynton Jeffrey ; 19. 35-Skylar Prochaska ; 20. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 21. 14M-Marcus Dumsney ; 22. 99-Skylar Gee ; 23. 2C-Wayne Johnson ; 24. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 25. 14-Tony Stewart  Lap Leaders: Brian Brown (1-12), Josh Baughman (13-25), James McFadden (26-30)
2019 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings (After 7/26/2019):
1. Dale Blaney - 2798
2. Aaron Reutzel - 2782
3. Cory Eliason - 2722
4. Paul McMahan - 2694
5. Brock Zearfoss - 2646
6. Greg Wilson - 2622
7. Gerard McIntyre - 2524
8. Skylar Gee - 2438
9. George Hobaugh - 2192
10. Tony Stewart - 1436
2019 All Star Circuit of Champions Winners:
Bubba Raceway Park, Fla. (1/31/2019): Tim Shaffer
Bubba Raceway Park, Fla. (2/1/2019): Tim Shaffer (2)
Bubba Raceway Park, Fla. (2/2/2019): Tony Stewart
Volusia Speedway Park, Fla. (2/6/2019): Shane Stewart
Volusia Speedway Park, Fla. (2/7/2019): Brad Sweet
Virginia Motor Speedway, Va. (4/11/2019): Cory Eliason
Port Royal Speedway, Pa. (4/13/2019): Lance Dewease
Attica Raceway Park, Ohio (5/24/2019): Aaron Reutzel
Fremont Speedway, Ohio (5/26/2019): Aaron Reutzel (2)
Outlaw Speedway, N.Y. (6/7/2019): Brock Zearfoss
Stateline Speedway, N.Y. (6/8/2019): Dale Blaney
Weedsport Speedway, N.Y. (6/9/2019): Danny Dietrich
Attica Raceway Park, Ohio (6/14/2019): Kyle Larson
Muskingum County Speedway, Ohio (6/16/2019): Dale Blaney (2)
Wayne County Speedway, Ohio (6/19/2019): Aaron Reutzel (3)
Wayne County Speedway, Ohio (6/22/2019): Buddy Kofoid
Dirt Oval at Route 66, Ill. (6/29/2019): Aaron Reutzel (4)
Lernerville Speedway, Pa. (7/5/2019): Aaron Reutzel (5)
Sharon Speedway, Ohio (7/6/2019): Dale Blaney (3)
Utica-Rome Speedway, N.Y. (7/12/2019): Aaron Reutzel (6)
Orange County Fair Speedway N.Y. (7/13/2019): Danny Dietrich (2)
Lebanon Valley Speedway N.Y. (7/14/2019): Brock Zearfoss (2)
Plymouth Dirt Track, Wis. (7/25/2019): James McFadden
Jackson Motorplex, Minn. (7/26/2019): James McFadden (2)
About MAVTV Motorsports Network:
MAVTV Motorsports Network is a television network with its roots deep in the automotive world. MAVTV offers an unparalleled line-up of exclusive motorsports that includes prestigious events such as the Chili Bowl, the AMA Pro Motocross series, and the Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA). MAVTV also covers a multitude of grassroot racing from the US and across the globe including drag boats, sprint boats, drag racing, pro pulling, rally racing, drifting, dirt racing, ice racing and everything in between plus a package of automotive reality and custom build shows. If it has a motor, it's on MAVTV. For more information, visit www.mavtv.com
About the All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015. In 2019, MAVTV Motorsports Network will continue to be the official television home of the Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 and will broadcast ten high-profile events.
About Ollie’s Bargain Outlet:
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc., founded in 1982, is one of America’s largest retailers of closeouts and excess inventory, offering real brands at real bargain prices. Famous for its signature catch-phrase Good Stuff Cheap, Ollie’s has a huge variety of famous brand-name merchandise in every department – food, books, housewares, toys, electronics, domestics, clothing, furniture, health and beauty, flooring, seasonal items and so much more – at up to 70 percent off the fancy stores’ prices. You never know what you’ll find at one of Ollie’s 330 “semi-lovely” stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia. For more information, visit www.ollies.us. Like us on Facebook or find us on Twitter at @OlliesOutlet. Ollie’s is a publicly-traded company on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol OLLI.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life.
For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1.
Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
Photo Credit: Phil Ihde Photography
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
(724) 954-4915, firstname.lastname@example.org