WEST BURLINGTON, Iowa (July 29, 2018) - Sammy Swindell is 62-years-old and still winning.
Exactly one year after earning his last Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 victory in West Lebanon, N.Y., “Slammin’” Sammy Swindell wins again with America’s Series, this time earning a $5,000 payday during action at 34 Raceway in West Burlington, Iowa. For Swindell, the All Star victory bumps his career total to 27 with the Series, forced to outduel Fresno, California’s Cory Eliason during the later stages of the 30-lap program to do so. The 34 Raceway victory was a first-ever for the Germantown, Tenn., native during All Star competition.
Cory Eliason held on to finish second with the All Stars to earn a first-ever podium finish with the Series, followed by Carson Macedo, Cale Conley, and Kerry Madsen.
“I think I’m the oldest person to ever win one of these races,” an elated Sammy Swindell said in victory lane, driver of the Thones Utility Construction/No. 59 sprint car. “We pulled this car out of the trailer tonight and didn’t touch a bolt on it. We won one now. We’ll work to improve from here.”
Sammy Swindell’s march to the front took patience and persistence. Starting from the outside of row two, Swindell completed the first eight circuits in the exact same position as he started. Traffic came into play quickly around the 3/8-mile, high banked oval which allowed Swindell to close the gap on the top three. Utilizing lapped cars, the former World of Outlaws champion was able to battle by Jackson and Knoxville winner, Kerry Madsen, to take the third spot officially on lap nine. Just one circuit later, the main event’s first caution appeared forcing the field to mold back together.
It was not until when caution flags reappeared that Swindell was able to make a bid for the second spot, ultimately driving by the familiar No. 7K of Cale Conley as the pair raced down the backstretch on lap 17. Halting Swindell’s obvious momentum in traffic, caution flags reappeared on lap 18, once again forcing the field to bunch back together.
Now on the tailtank of the Roth Motorsports entry of Cory Eliason, green flag conditions returned with Swindell now in hot pursuit of the top spot. The pair raced one-two for the next eight circuits in clear air, but traffic came into the picture soon thereafter. As Eliason reached the tail of the field to complete lap 26, Swindell made his move, actually peeking underneath the No. 83 as the pair battled into turn one. A drag race down the back straightaway resulted in Swindell’s favor, taking the lead officially with a slider between turns three and four on lap 27.
Although one last caution appeared with two circuits remaining setting up a green-white-checkered restart, Swindell was untouchable, sailing off to score the All Star victory in front of a packed-house by 1.25 seconds.
“We were kinda tight at the beginning, so as the laps continued to go down, the car was getting better,” Swindell continued. “We still have a few kinks that we need to work out.”
The Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 will enjoy a pair of off-weekends before returning to competition on Friday evening, August 17, at the Utica-Rome Speedway in Vernon, New York; the first of three consecutive events in the Empire State. Action will continue on Saturday evening, August 18, at the Orange County Fair Speedway in Middletown, followed by a stop at the Lebanon Valley Speedway in West Lebanon on Sunday, August 19. The trio of New York stops will open an August schedule that includes eight events across three states, four of which in Pennsylvania on August 23-26.
Contingency Awards/Results: 34 Raceway - Sunday, July 29, 2018:
Arctic Cat All Stars at 34 Raceway
EMi Driver’s Meeting: 32 Entrants
State Water Heaters Warm-Ups: Sammy Swindell - 12.797 seconds
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: Cale Conley - 12.288 seconds (2nd Quick)
Ford Performance Heat #1: Joey Saldana
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2: Austin McCarl
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3: Carson Macedo
Mobil 1 Heat #4: Sammy Swindell
JE Pistons Dash #1: Cale Conley
Wix Filters Dash #2: Cory Eliason
Classic Ink USA B-Main: Ryan Smith
Daido Engine Bearings Main Event Winner: Sammy Swindell
MSD Performance Hard Charger Award: Jac Haudenschild (+9)
(Lincoln Electric, Daido Engine Bearings, MSD Performance: Need decal to qualify for contingency award)
1. 24-Rico Abreu, 12.675; 2. 35V-Jamie Veal, 12.759; 3. 2M-Kerry Madsen, 12.815; 4. 26-Joey Saldana, 12.867; 5. 15-Bobby Mincer, 12.990; 6. 70-Dave Blaney, 13.008; 7. 9X-Paul Nienhiser, 13.085; 8. 10H-Chad Kemenah, 13.456
1. 11-Ryan Smith, 12.590; 2. 4-Parker Price-Miller, 12.672; 3. 25-Jake Blackhurst, 12.707; 4. 2KS-Austin McCarl, 12.770; 5. 22-Brandon Spithaler, 12.852; 6. 3K-Tim Kaeding, 12.863; 7. 21au-Jordan Brazier, 12.949; 8. 12-Lynton Jeffrey, 13.391
1. 39-Spencer Bayston, 12.376; 2. 13-Paul McMahan, 12.382; 3. 87-Aaron Reutzel, 12.414; 4. 3G-Carson Macedo, 12.699; 5. 35-Tyler Esh, 12.740; 6. 14-Tony Stewart, 12.855; 7. 5H-Sammy Walsh, 12.963; 8. 51J-Ryan Jamison, 13.362
1. 83-Cory Eliason, 12.236; 2. 7K-Cale Conley, 12.288; 3. 59-Sammy Swindell, 12.434; 4. 98-Carl Bowser, 12.576; 5. 3-Jac Haudenschild, 12.582; 6. 29-Willie Croft, 12.598; 7. 50-Bill Balog, 12.753; 8. 49-Josh Schneiderman, 12.780
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 26-Joey Saldana ; 2. 2M-Kerry Madsen ; 3. 24-Rico Abreu ; 4. 35V-Jamie Veal ; 5. 70-Dave Blaney ; 6. 9X-Paul Nienhiser ; 7. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 8. 15-Bobby Mincer 
Heat #2 - Group (B) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 2KS-Austin McCarl ; 2. 25-Jake Blackhurst ; 3. 4-Parker Price-Miller ; 4. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 5. 3K-Tim Kaeding ; 6. 11-Ryan Smith ; 7. 21AU-Jordan Brazier 
Heat #3 - Group (C) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 3G-Carson Macedo ; 2. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 3. 39-Spencer Bayston ; 4. 13-Paul McMahan ; 5. 14-Tony Stewart ; 6. 35-Tyler Esh ; 7. 5H-Sammy Walsh ; 8. 51J-Ryan Jamison 
Heat #4 - Group (D) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 59-Sammy Swindell ; 2. 98-Carl Bowser ; 3. 83-Cory Eliason ; 4. 7K-Cale Conley ; 5. 29-Willie Croft ; 6. 3-Jac Haudenschild ; 7. 50-Bill Balog ; 8. 49-Josh Schneiderman 
Dash #1 (4 Laps)
1. 7K-Cale Conley ; 2. 2M-Kerry Madsen ; 3. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 4. 26-Joey Saldana ; 5. 3G-Carson Macedo 
Dash #2 (4 Laps)
1. 83-Cory Eliason ; 2. 59-Sammy Swindell ; 3. 2KS-Austin McCarl ; 4. 98-Carl Bowser ; 5. 25-Jake Blackhurst 
B-Main (12 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 11-Ryan Smith ; 2. 3-Jac Haudenschild ; 3. 9X-Paul Nienhiser ; 4. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 5. 5H-Sammy Walsh ; 6. 50-Bill Balog ; 7. 49-Josh Schneiderman ; 8. 15-Bobby Mincer ; 9. 35-Tyler Esh ; 10. 21AU-Jordan Brazier ; 11. 51J-Ryan Jamison 
A-Main (30 Laps)
1. 59-Sammy Swindell ; 2. 83-Cory Eliason ; 3. 3G-Carson Macedo ; 4. 7K-Cale Conley ; 5. 2M-Kerry Madsen ; 6. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 7. 26-Joey Saldana ; 8. 4-Parker Price-Miller ; 9. 24-Rico Abreu ; 10. 2KS-Austin McCarl ; 11. 14-Tony Stewart ; 12. 39-Spencer Bayston ; 13. 3-Jac Haudenschild ; 14. 13-Paul McMahan ; 15. 9X-Paul Nienhiser ; 16. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 17. 29-Willie Croft ; 18. 25-Jake Blackhurst ; 19. 35V-Jamie Veal ; 20. 11-Ryan Smith ; 21. 98-Carl Bowser ; 22. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 23. 70-Dave Blaney ; 24. 3K-Tim Kaeding  Lap Leaders: Cale Conley (1-4), Cory Eliason (5-26), Sammy Swindell (27-30)
All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings: (after 7/29/2018)
1. Aaron Reutzel - 3712
2. Carson Macedo - 3708
3. Chad Kemenah - 3694
4. Jac Haudenschild - 3538
5. Dave Blaney - 3510
6. Paul McMahan - 3508
7. Parker Price-Miller - 3466
8. Cale Conley - 3244
9. Brandon Spithaler - 3002
10. Carl Bowser - 2998
About the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All-Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015. In 2018, MAVTV Motorsports Network will be the official television home of the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 and will broadcast eight high-profile events.
About Arctic Cat:
For more than 50 years, the Arctic Cat snowmobile brand has stood as one of the most widely recognized and respected in the industry. Today Arctic Cat’s snowmobile product lines span more than 50 different models, with offerings for every style of riding, from trail-riding with the family, to long-distance touring with friends, to mountain sleds to handle the most severe backcountry conditions. For more information, visit: www.arcticcat.com.
About Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc:
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Arctic Cat®, Textron Off Road™, Jacobsen®, Dixie Chopper®, Ransomes®, TUG™, Douglas™, Premier™ and Safeaero™ brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life.
For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1.
Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
Photo Credit: All Star Media Credit
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
(724) 954-4915, email@example.com