HANGER MAKES QUICK WORK WITH CRATE RACIN’ USA TST CAUTION-FREE WIN
EASTABOGA, AL – Christian Hanger of Winchester, TN took the lead on lap 11 and drove the Hanger Hardwood Rocket to victory in a caution-free 40-lap Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Dirt Late Model Series main event on Friday night at Talladega Short Track. It was Hanger’s second-career series win.
Jeremy Shaw of Millport, AL led the first ten laps and came home second in the Bud Coley Trucking Special. Cruz Skinner of Oxford, AL finished third in the Skinner’s Body Shop Rocket and moved back up to second in the Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Dirt Late Model Series National point standings.
Ahnna Parkhurst of Evans, GA took the fourth spot in the EZ Go Special and Jimmy Thomas of Phenix City, AL was fifth in the Scorpion Race Cars Special. Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Dirt Late Model Series point leader Wil Herrington of Hawkinsville, GA drove the 5m Construction Special to a sixth-place finish.
Brandon Williams of Crossville, TN picked up the Fullmoon Graphics “Lucky 7” Award with a seventh-place effort in the Jeff Woods Construction Special. Tanner Collins of Franklin, GA finished eighth in the Newnan Bonding Rocket, and Sam Seawright of Fort Payne, AL took the ninth spot in the Seawright Racing Special.
Grant Pearl of Anniston, AL rounded out the Top 10 in the Steering Buddy Special. Trynt Lloyd of Jacksonville, FL was the Cruise With The Champions Rookie of the Race with a 13th-place finish in the C&S Trailer Special. Corey Dunn of Milledgeville, GA was the Knowles Race Parts and Bodies Hard Charger of the Race after he started 23rd and finished 17th in the Georgia Timber CVR.
In preliminary action, Shaw was the Boyd Built Fabricators Fast Time Award winner among the 36 entrants with a lap in Group Qualifying at 14.691 seconds. The three ten-lap KRC Power Steering B-Main Race winners were Jake Rainey of Hiram, GA in the Harrod Logging Special, Seawright, and Pearl.
Shaw took the lead at the start of the race from his outside front row starting spot followed by Hanger, Parkhurst, Skinner, and Thomas. By lap five, Shaw pulled out to a one second lead over Hanger, but the lead began to shrink by a tenth of a second a lap. Hanger drove under Shaw to take the lead on lap 11 and led the rest of the way.
The pass for the lead earned Hanger the VP Racing Lubricants Slick Move of the Race Award. There were 19 cars on the lead lap at the end of the caution-free 40-lap race. There were still 21 cars running at the drop of the checkered flag.
The economical Aluminum Head, Steel Block, Chevrolet Performance 604 Circle Track Engine is the engine of choice for the Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Dirt Late Model Series competitors. The Chevrolet Performance 604 Engine is in stock and available for free next day delivery from Newsome Raceway Parts in Hartsville, SC.
Newsome Raceway Parts gives a portion of the sales from each Chevrolet Performance Circle Track Engine sold back to the Crate Racin’ USA Point Funds in four different Divisions. Each economical Chevrolet Performance Circle Track Engine is built and sealed at the factory to prevent any expensive modifications. To place an order call 1-877-497-3624.
For more information and rules about the Newsome Raceway Parts Crate Racin’ USA Dirt Late Model Series, visit the series web site at www.crateracinusa.com, or visit the series on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CrateRacinUSA/. You can follow us on Twitter @CrateRacinUSALM, and at Instagram at crateracinusa.
OFFICIAL RESULTS OF ROUND 12 AT TALLADEGA SHORT TRACK IN EASTABOGA, AL ON 10/2/2020:
POS STRT CAR # DRIVER HOMETOWN LAPS $ WON
1. 1 29 Christian Hanger Winchester, TN 40 $2,000
2. 2 1s Jeremy Shaw Millport, AL 40 $1,000
3. 5 11 Cruz Skinner Oxford, AL 40 $700
4. 3 23 Ahnna Parkhurst Evans, GA 40 $550
5. 6 22 Jimmy Thomas Phenix City, AL 40 $425
6. 9 14 Wil Herrington Hawkinsville, GA 40 $375
7. 7 95 Brandon Williams Crossville, TN 40 $350
8. 8 24 Tanner Collins Franklin, GA 40 $325
9. 12 16 Sam Seawright Fort Payne, AL 40 $300
10. 13 8 Grant Pearl Anniston, AL 40 $275
11. 14 03 Jody Knowles Tyrone, GA 40 $250
12. 10 21 Jason Lively Eastaboga, AL 40 $225
13. 4 2 Trynt Lloyd (R/YG) Jacksonville, FL 40 $200
14. 19 3 Heath Carr Ashland, AL 40 $200
15. 16 14jr Victor Turner Jr. Pell City, AL 40 $200
16. 15 C6 Oakley Johns Hohenwald, TN 40 $200
17. 23 21 Corey Dunn (R) Milledgeville, GA 40 $200
18. 24 05 T.J. Brittain Centre, AL 40 $200
19. 18 15 Lane Shuler Ohatchee, AL 40 $200
20. 22 5 Mike Combs Odenville, AL 39 $200
21. 11 87 Jake Rainey (YG) Hiram, GA 39 $200
22. 21 78 Matthew Brocato Muscle Shoals, AL 28 $200
23. 20 19 Marcus Minga Shannon, MS 26 $200
24. 17 53 Sterling Freeman Chattanooga, TN 18 $200
BOYD BUILT FABRICATORS FAST QUALIFIER: Shaw, 14.691 Seconds
PROVISIONALS: Dunn and Brittain
LEAD CHANGES: 1
LAP LEADERS: Shaw, 1-10; Hanger, 11-40
LAPS LED: Hanger, 30; Shaw, 10
KNOWLES RACE PARTS HARD CHARGER: Dunn (started 23rd and finished 17th)
VP RACING LUBRICANTS SLICK MOVE OF THE RACE AWARD: Hanger
FULLMOON GRAPHICS LUCKY 7 AWARD: Williams
KRC POWER STEERING B-MAIN WINNERS: Rainey, Seawright, and Pearl
CRUISE WITH THE CHAMPIONS ROOKIE OF THE RACE: Lloyd
NEXT RACE: Talladega Short Track, Eastaboga, AL, 10/3/2020, $2,500-To-Win, 50-Laps