64 Speedway Central Mississippi Speedway Clayhill Motorsports Park Columbus Speedway I-30 Speedway Jackson Motor Speedway Malden Speedway Milan Speedway Moulton Speedway North Alabama Speedway North Mississippi Speedway Riverside Speedway St. Francois County Speedway Volunteer Speedway Whynot Motorsports Park
For Immediate Release: Jordon Mallett claims USCS Red Dirt Rumble Round #1 win at Swainsboro Raceway on Friday night.
Swainsboro, GA – June 22, 2018 – Defending United Sprint Car Series presented by K&N Filters National Champion and current points leader, Jordon Mallett from Greenbrier, Arkansas bested early-race leader, Matt Kurtz from Jacksonville, Florida who led the first seventeen laps of the twenty-five lap USCS Red Dirt Rumble Round #1 contest to park in the www.rockauto.com USCS Victory Lane at Swainsboro Raceway during the USCS Freakin’ Fast Friday presented by FireAde on Friday night. It was Mallett’s fourth win of the 2018 season with the series to keep his wins column lead for the season intact.
Kurtz who started outside the front row next to Mallett, who was the K&N Filters Pole Position starter, raced into the lead on the first circuit around the beautiful 3/8 mile red-clay oval. He then proceeded to lead the first seventeen circuits of the race until, Mallett race by coming off turn two and held off the former Florida Top Gun Series Champion in his own Kurco sponsored #92 to the checkers.
Kurtz had to settle for the runner-up spot, with the evening’s Wilwood Disc Brakes Hard Charger, Danny Martin, Jr. from Sarasota, Florida, who finished in the K&N Filters Podium Award Third Place. Two-time USCS National Champion, Morgan Turpen from Cordova, Tennessee followed the trio in fourth place. The eleven-time USCS National Champion, Terry Gray from Bartlett, Tennessee rounded out the top five drivers.
The rapidly improving 2017 USCS National Rookie of the Year, Brandon Taylor from Cumming, Georgia topped the next group in sixth pace followed by young gun Chase Dunham from Leipsic, Ohio in seventh. Tony Agin from Fort Myers, Florida, who is currently fifth in the USCS National point standings finished eighth. Terry Witherspoon also from Jacksonville, Florida followed Agin in ninth place. Joe Larkin from Suwanee, Georgia, who ranked third in the USCS Southern Thunder Tour regional series point standings coming into the event, brought his Mark Brack wrenched #33 home in tenth place.
Brandon Taylor kicked off a pretty impressive performance for him personally by winning the USCS Hoosier Tire Speed Dash. Morgan Turpen won the Engler Machine and Tool First Heat. Brandon Taylor kept a good thing going after is Dash win by claiming victory in the Brown and Miller Racing Solutions Second Heat. Danny Martin, Jr. claimed the Wilwood Disc Brakes Hard Charger Award for passing the most cars in the main event.
The USCS Outlaw Thunder Tour drivers now move across the state of Georgia just a little over an hour to Chris Martin’s Cochran Motor Speedway in Cochran, Georgia to headline another USCS “Saturday of Speed” event at the 3/8 mile facility. For more info on the track please visit www.cochranspeedway.com For USCS Outlaw Thunder Tour info please visit www.uscsracing.com
The United Sprint Car Series presented by K&N Filters would like to gratefully thank its sponsoring partners for their involvement in the 2018 and 22nd USCS Outlaw Thunder Tour. Those include: K&N Filters, www.rockauto.com,Engler Machine and Tool, FireAde, Arizona Sport Shirts, Butlerbuilt, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Saldana Racing Products, Pyrotect Racing Cells, DMI/Bulldog Rear Ends. PRO Shocks, KSE Racing Products, DHR Suspensions, Schoenfeld Headers, Bell Helmets, DSR Fuel Systems, Brown and Miller Racing and the great people at Hero Graphics.
USCS Outlaw Thunder Tour presented by K&N Filters Outlaw Sprint Cars at Swainsboro Speedway on Friday, June 22, 2018 results:
Engler Machine & Tool First Heat (8 Laps)
1. 10m-Morgan Turpen ; 2. 14-Jordon Mallett ; 3. 24jr-Danny Martin Jr ; 4. 10-Terry Gray ; 5. 43-Terry Witherspoon ; 6. 33-Joe Larkin ; 7. 23-Lance Moss ; 8. 28-Jeff Willingham ; 9. 0x-Clint Weiss
Heat 2 - Brow and Miller Racing Solutions Second Heat (8 Laps)
1. 07-Brandon Taylor ; 2. 51-Chase Dunham ; 3. 82-Matt Kurtz ; 4. 38-Tony Agin ; 5. 67-Brian Thomas ; 6. 21b-Brandon McLain ; 7. 29-Jeff Oliver ; 8. 99-Tanner Witherspoon ; DNS. 83-Mark Ruel Jr
Hoosier Tire Speed DASH - (0 Laps)
1. 07-Brandon Taylor ; 2. 23-Lance Moss ; 3. 10-Terry Gray ; 4. 14-Jordon Mallett ; 5. 33-Joe Larkin ; 6. 10m-Morgan Turpen
A-Main - (25 Laps)
1. 14-Jordon Mallett ; Greenbriar, AR K&N Pole Award
2. 82-Matt Kurtz ; Jacksonville, FL Bell Helmet Focus Award
3. 24jr-Danny Martin Jr ; Sarasota, FL Wilwood Hard Charger Award/ K&N Podium Award
4. 10m-Morgan Turpen ; Cordova, TN
5. 10-Terry Gray ; Bartlett, TN
6. 07-Brandon Taylor ; Cumming, GA Saldana 6th Award
7. 51-Chase Dunham ; Leipsic, OH Pyrotect 7th Award
8. 38-Tony Agin ; Fort Myers, FL DHR 8th Place Award
9. 43-Terry Witherspoon ; Jacksonville, FL
10. 33-Joe Larkin ; Suwanee, GA DMI Top 10 Award
11. 23-Lance Moss ; Cherryville, NC
12. 67-Brian Thomas ; Pendergrass, GA
13. 21b-Brandon McLain ; Indian Trail, NC
14. 29-Jeff Oliver ; Pendergrass, GA
15. 28-Jeff Willingham ; Ripley, MS
16. 0x-Clint Weiss ; Jesup, GA
17. 83-Mark Ruel Jr; Jacksonville, FL
DNS - 99 Tanner Witherspoon; Jacksonville, FL
USCS Sprint Car Series Race Awards for 6/22/18:
Brown and Miller Racing Solutions Second Heat: 07t Brandon Taylor
K&N Filters Pole Award: 14 Jordon Mallett
K&N Filters Podium (3rd place) Award:24 Danny Martin, Jr.
Wilwood Disc Brakes Hard Charger Award: 4 Danny Smith (passed most cars in A-Main)
PRO Shocks Top Five Award: (4th place) 10m Morgan Turpen
Pyrotect Racing Cells Lucky Seven Award: 51 Chase Dunham
DHR Suspension 8th place Award: 38 Tony Agin
USCS Media contact:
Pete Walton 770-865-6097