64 Speedway Central Mississippi Speedway Clayhill Motorsports Park Columbus Speedway I-30 Speedway Jackson Motor Speedway Malden Speedway Milan Speedway Moulton Speedway North Alabama Speedway North Mississippi Speedway Riverside Speedway St. Francois County Speedway Volunteer Speedway Whynot Motorsports Park
Johnny Scott onslaught continues at OgilvieOGILVIE, Minn. (Aug. 11)--Johnny Scott's stranglehold on USMTS victory lane continued with an impressive win at the Ogilvie Raceway during Saturday's 7th Annual Chubbs Performance Modified Madness presented by U.S. Army.
With his second straight triumph in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, the 28-year-old from Las Cruces, N.M., now residing in Cameron, Mo., brought his weekend take-home pay to nearly $7,000 and eclipsed the $50,000 mark in season-long earnings heading into Sunday's clash at the Mason City Motor Speedway.
The win was Scott's eighth of the year in the USMTS Hunt for the Casey's Cup powered by Summit, and tenth overall-exactly one-quarter of his 40 career United States Modified Touring Series wins.
While this was Scott's first first-place finish at "The Big O," his twin brother came up two spots shy of capturing his fourth checkered flag here after climbing from 11th on the grid to finish third behind Lucas Schott in the non-stop, caution-free 40-lapper.
Jake O'Neil garnered fourth-place money and Terry Phillips held on for fifth. Jeremy Nelson, Rodney Sanders, Zack VanderBeek, Dereck Ramirez and Justin Oestreich completed the top ten.
On Sunday, the Mason City Motor Speedway in Mason City, Iowa, hosts the 7th Annual Diamond Jo Casino "All-In 77" at the historic North Iowa Fairgrounds clay oval now in its third year under USMTS legend Al Hejna.
This will be the ninth USMTS event held here. Six different drivers won each of the first six, beginning with Ryan Ruter's victory in 2009. Mike Steensma, Kelly Shryock and Jason Hughes also tasted USMTS glory when the track was still known as I-35 Speedway.
Two events were staged in 2016 with Rodney Sanders and Cade Dillard topping those shows. Ryan Gustin won both main events last year after an early-season rain-out in June forced double features for the August show.
Sunday's blockbuster will also feature Holley USRA Stock Cars, Out-Pace USRA B-Mods, Cook Racing Supplies USRA Hobby Stocks and Rookies Rockin' USRA Tuners running for increased prize money as well as track, regional and national points in the Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series.
The pit gate opens at 4 p.m., grandstands open at 5 and hot laps begin at 6 with racing to follow. Adult general admission tickets are $20. Seniors (65+), members of the military and first responders get in for $17. Juniors ages 11-16 are just $10 and kids 10 and under are free. A pit pass costs $35.
Coupons good for $2 off adult admission are available at Casey's General Store locations in Clear Lake, Forest City, Garner, Lake Mills, Manly, Mason City, Nora Springs, Northwood, Osage, Sheffield and St. Ansgar.
"Big Daddy" Joe Duvall will have his Spike Hardcore Energy No. 91 machine at the Casey's located at 6 Plaza Dr. in Clear Lake from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday.
The Mason City Motor Speedway is a semi-banked 1/2-mile clay oval located 5.1 miles east of I-35 at exit 194 on SR 122 at the North Iowa Fairgrounds (3700 4th St SW, Mason City, IA 50401). For more information, call (641) 424-6515 or check out www.masoncitymotorspeedway.com.
To learn more about the United States Modified Touring Series, visit www.usmts.com online or call 515-832-7944. You can also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usmts, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/usmts and Instagram at www.instagram.com/usmts or subscribe to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/usmtstv. Keep up to speed with everything USMTS by joining our email list at www.usmts.com/subscribe.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
United States Modified Touring Series
USMTS Hunt for the Casey's Cup powered by Summit
7th Annual Chubbs Performance Modified Madness presented by U.S. Army
Ogilvie Raceway, Ogilvie, Minn.
Saturday, Aug. 11, 2018
Showing finishing position, starting position in parentheses, car number, driver, hometown, chassis/engine builder, laps completed and money won. The top 16 in heat race passing points advance to the Casey's General Stores "A" Main with the top 8 redrawing for the first 8 starting spots.
SIMPSON PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS HEAT RACE #1 (8 laps):
1. (1) 1st Johnny Scott, Cameron, Mo.
2. (5) 75 Terry Phillips, Springfield, Mo.
3. (3) 30 Matt Leer (R), Bruce, Wis.
4. (4) 49jr Jake Timm, Minnesota City, Minn.
5. (8) 2s Stormy Scott, Las Cruces, N.M.
6. (7) 14w Clayton Wagamon, Ramsey, Minn.
7. (9) 89jr J.T. Johnson, Milaca, Minn.
8. (2) 19sb Lance Mari (R), Imperial, Calif.
9. (6) 90 Steve Wetzstein, West Concord, Minn.
FAST SHAFTS HEAT RACE #2 (8 laps):
1. (1) 4r Dereck Ramirez, Woodward, Okla.
2. (2) 0 Jake O'Neil (R), Tucson, Ariz.
3. (5) 46 Justin Oestreich, Elk River, Minn.
4. (8) 23 Adam Kates, Tonganoxie, Kan.
5. (6) 8s Tony Schill, Lake Elmo, Minn.
6. (4) 8c Chris Clark, Jackson, Wyo.
7. (7) 04jr Adam Ayotte, Wyoming, Minn.
8. (3) 24jr Jeff Lien Jr., Mora, Minn.
EDELBROCK HEAT RACE #3 (8 laps):
1. (1) 69 Lucas Schott, Chatfield, Minn.
2. (5) 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas
3. (2) 06 Jeremy Nelson, Zimmerman, Minn.
4. (4) 07 Cory Crapser, Chippewa Falls, Wis.
5. (8) 33z Zack VanderBeek, New Sharon, Iowa
6. (3) V2 Joey Jensen, Harris, Minn.
7. (7) 224 Cody Wolkowski, Thunder Bay, Ont., Canada
8. (6) 91 Joe Duvall, Claremore, Okla.
REAL RACING WHEELS "B" MAIN (10 laps, all advance):
1. (2) V2 Joey Jensen, Harris, Minn.
2. (3) 89jr J.T. Johnson, Milaca, Minn.
3. (9) 90 Steve Wetzstein, West Concord, Minn.
4. (8) 91 Joe Duvall, Claremore, Okla.
5. (5) 224 Cody Wolkowski, Thunder Bay, Ont., Canada
6. (7) 24jr Jeff Lien Jr., Mora, Minn.
7. (6) 19sb Lance Mari (R), Imperial, Calif.
8. (1) 8c Chris Clark, Jackson, Wyo.
9. (4) 04jr Adam Ayotte, Wyoming, Minn.
CASEY'S GENERAL STORES "A" MAIN (40 laps):
1. (1) 1st Johnny Scott, Cameron, Mo., VanderBuilt/Hill, $3475.
2. (4) 69 Lucas Schott, Chatfield, Minn., MBCustoms/Hill, $2150.
3. (11) 2s Stormy Scott, Las Cruces, N.M., VanderBuilt/Mullins, $1625.
4. (3) 0 Jake O'Neil (R), Tucson, Ariz., LG2/Cornett, $1420.
5. (2) 75 Terry Phillips, Springfield, Mo., GRT/Durham, $1215.
6. (10) 06 Jeremy Nelson, Zimmerman, Minn., MBCustoms/KSE, $600.
7. (8) 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas, MBCustoms/Hatfield, $1010.
8. (12) 33z Zack VanderBeek, New Sharon, Iowa, VanderBuilt/Stoen, $905.
9. (6) 4r Dereck Ramirez, Woodward, Okla., Hughes/Cornett, $850.
10. (7) 46 Justin Oestreich, Elk River, Minn., SSR/Hanson, $350.
11. (5) 23 Adam Kates, Tonganoxie, Kan., LG2/Speedway, $770.
12. (13) 49jr Jake Timm, Minnesota City, Minn., MBCustoms/Sput's, $350.
13. (16) 14w Clayton Wagamon, Ramsey, Minn., MasterSbilt/Wagamon, $325.
14. (18) 89jr J.T. Johnson, Milaca, Minn., MasterSbilt/Wagamon, $250.
15. (9) 30 Matt Leer (R), Bruce, Wis., MBCustoms/Sput's, $300.
16. (20) 91 Joe Duvall, Claremore, Okla., MBCustoms/ChevPerf, $600.
17. (14) 07 Cory Crapser, Chippewa Falls, Wis., MBCustoms/Troy's, $300.
18. (15) 8s Tony Schill, Lake Elmo, Minn., SSR/KSE, $250.
19. (17) V2 Joey Jensen, Harris, Minn., MBCustoms/Tim's, $250.
20. (21) 224 Cody Wolkowski, Thunder Bay, Ont., Canada, MBCustoms/Tim's, $250.
21. (25) 04jr Adam Ayotte, Wyoming, Minn., Shaw/Mullins, $250.
22. (24) 8c Chris Clark, Jackson, Wyo., GRT/ChevPerf, $300.
23. (23) 19sb Lance Mari (R), Imperial, Calif., MRT/Yeoman, $300.
24. (22) 24jr Jeff Lien Jr., Mora, Minn., Matrix/Sput's, $250.
25. (19) 90 Steve Wetzstein, West Concord, Minn., MBCustoms/Sput's, $250.
(R) = Grant Junghans USMTS Rookie of the Year contender
Eibach Spring Forward Award: S. Scott (advanced 11 positions).
FK Rod Ends Hard Charger: S. Scott (started 11th, finished 3rd).
Next Race: Sunday, Aug. 12, Mason City Motor Speedway, Mason City, Iowa.
USMTS Hunt for the Casey's Cup Points: J. Scott 2506, S. Scott 2323, Sanders 2310, VanderBeek 2239, O'Neil 2234, Schott 2206, Ramirez 2156, Phillips 2155, Kates 1575, Duvall 1540.
Grant Junghans USMTS Rookie of the Year Points: O'Neil 2012, Mari 1022, Carlos Ahumada Jr. 760, Zane Ferrell 692, Billy Vogel 610.
USMTS Engine Builder of the Year Points: Durham 242, Mullins 203, Sput's 190, Cornett 188, Hatfield 185.
USMTS Manufacturers Championship Points: VanderBuilt 287, MBCustoms 270, Hughes 200, GRT 200, LG2 186.
American Racer - Leer.
Beyea Custom Headers - Crapser.
BSB Manufacturing - Ayotte.
Casey's General Stores - Johnson.
Champ Pans - Phillips.
Deatherage Opticians - Timm.
E3 Spark Plugs - S. Scott.
Edelbrock - Schott.
Eibach - S. Scott.
Fast Shafts - Ramirez.
FK Rod Ends - S. Scott.
Forty9 Designs - Johnson, Jensen.
GRT Race Cars - Clark.
Hooker Harness - Wagamon.
Integra Shocks & Springs - Schill.
Jerovetz Motorsports Racing Parts - Leer.
Keyser Manufacturing - Oestreich.
KSE Racing Products - Ramirez.
Maxima Racing Oils - J. Scott.
Mesilla Valley Transportation - Phillips.
Out-Pace Racing Products - Duvall.
QA1 - J. Scott.
RacerWebsite.com - Johnson.
Simpson Performance Products - J. Scott.
Swift Springs - J. Scott, Nelson.
Sybesma Graphics - J. Scott.
Tire Demon - Kates.
VP Racing Fuels - J. Scott.
Wehrs Machine & Racing Products - S. Scott.
Wilwood Disc Brakes - Sanders.